Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pineapple Salsa

One of my favorite foods is traditional spicy salsa!


However, I've been told for years that I should not eat tomatoes - there are many reasons, ranging from the fact that they absorb lead and other toxins in our environment, to the fact that I have an intolerance to them - but only recently I stopped eating them.

In my search to find a replacement, I've tried Mango and Peach salsas - neither one tasted that great to me.  So then I turned to a fresh salsa with green chiles, jalapenos, onion and cilantro, often adding avocado.  This is a very good alternative, especially with chips, yum!

Today I want to share one of my new favorite salsas with you, Pineapple Salsa!

Ingredients:

  • 1 pineapple
  • 1/2 small purple onion
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • Jalapeno -  mild = 1/2; medium = 1 - 1 1/2;  hot = 2 or more
  • 1 bunch cilantro
  • Dash of Salt
I actually buy a whole pineapple already sliced from the produce department, then chop it into bite size pieces.  I cut the cilantro next and add it on top of the pineapple.  All the rest gets diced into small bites and mixed in with together, salt is added on top and mixed again.

This salsa is great with grilled chicken soft tacos, on Mexican scrambled eggs or ..... experiment :)

Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment