Monday, June 3, 2019

Jalapeno Cheese Squares - Texas Style

Jalapeno Cheese Squares


Okay, I realize mine are not really "square"...I made them in a round dish LOL, but you get the idea!!
I do not always measure! Below I've written the recipe as it appears in the cookbook, next to it I've added my notes on portion size.

4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese  (I used less, probably about 3 cups)
4 beaten eggs
1 teaspoon minced onion (I used about a half cup of chopped red onion)
4 canned jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (I used half a jar of sliced jalapeno's)
Combine all ingredients and blend thoroughly.  Pour and spread mixture in an 8" square pan - my goodness any shape will do :)  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  Cut into serving size and serve hot.

NOTE:  The next morning I chopped up the left over cheese squares, heated them in a skillet, added bacon and sausage.  I heated some tortillas and made it into mexi-scramble breakfast burrito...DELISH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment